The Conference will take place at the IBZ Munich, one of the
International Congress Centers of LMU.
By Public Transportation
Munich has an excellent public transportation system consisting of
trains, trams, and buses. Most locations within the inner city can
conveniently be reached within less than 30 minutes.
- The underground station "Universität" is located closely to the
conference venue (see map above) at LMU Munich and is frequented by
underground lines U3 and U6 (EINBETTEN: Datei im Anhang).
- Tickets can be bought at automatic vending machines at underground and
train stations or inside buses and trams. One-way-tickets
("Einzelfahrkarte: 1 Zone") for single trips inside the city cost 2,70
Euros and tickets to and from the airport cost 12,00 Euros
("Airport-City-Day-Ticket"; valid for unlimited trips within the city
for one day).
- For specific information on public transportation schedules, please
ncheck at Munich's public transportation company MVV or on Google Maps.
From Munich Airport
By public transportation (cost: 12.00 Euros): The journey to the
conference venue takes approximately 45 minutes.
- Two S-Bahn train lines, S1 (to Ostbahnhof) and S8 (to Herrsching),
depart to the city centre every 10 minutes.
- S8 (to Herrsching) is the quicker of the two services.
- Exit the train at "Marienplatz" (= city centre).
- Go downstairs (moving staircase) and change to underground line U3
towards "Olympia-Einkaufszentrum" or U6 towards
- Exit the train after two stops at "Universität".
From Munich Central Station
By public transportation (cost: 2.70 Euros): The journey to the workshop
venue takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Please take the underground line U5 towards "Neuperlach Süd" or U4
towards "Arabellapark" and change at "Odeonsplatz" to U3 towards
"Olympia-Einkaufszentrum" or U6 towards "Garching-Forschungszentrum".
- Exit the train after one stop at "Universität".
The motorway ring around Munich (A99) connects motorways arriving from
various directions to the city. In addition, Munich has two inner ring
roads: "Mittlerer Ring" and "Altstadtring". The workshop venue close to
LMU Munich's main campus is located in the city centre, on Amalienstraße
/Schellingstraße, which can be reached from both inner ring roads. If
you plan to arrive by car, you should account for heavy traffic at peak
times (8:00 - 10:00 a.m., 4:30 - 7:00 p.m.) and a shortage of parking
space. However, we recommend to you not to arrive by car, due to limited